Storytime every Saturday @10:30Lorelei Books is pleased to host authors for book signings, readings and other events, often including prizes and snacks and all of which are free unless noted. If you can't make it to a book signing but would like a signed copy, we'll be happy to take your order over the telephone and mail the signed book to you. Look for more details here and on Facebook as events near:
- Sunday, March 17 @ 5:30pm, Books and Brews meets at Cottonwood to discuss Opal, a collection of short stories by Delta author Diane Thomas-Plunk set in Warren County, Mississippi, in the 1950s.
- Thursday, March 21 @ 5:30pm, noted historian and author Gordon Cotton pulls from his rich literary past that includes Civil War diaries and history, Warren County folklore, and humor, as he presents an overview of historical writing from his days as a newspaper columnist and curator for 30 years at the Old Court House Museum.
- Saturday, March 23 @10:30AM, Gwendolyn Jones Campbell returns, bringing us her newly released children's book, A Day at the Fair.
- Thursday, March 28 @ 5:30PM, Larry Jorgensen offers a fresh look at a trusted friend in The Coca-Cola Trail, a journey for anyone interested in the history and growth of the world’s most recognized product.
- Thursday, April 4 @ 5:30PM, T.O. Stallings gives us The Long Decade, a view of Louisiana Governor Huey P. Long, of the great flood of 1927, and of America during a time of gangsters and G-men. He tells the story of this flamboyant politician through the eyes of a fictional junior reporter who is sent to cover the gubernatorial campaign of a candidate most insiders thought could never win … a candidate unlike any Louisiana has ever seen.
- Saturday, April 27 is Independent Bookstore Day! Look for fun activities to celebrate Vicksburg's support of its very own literary center.
- Monday, May 6 @ 5:30PM, Mississippi author Margaret McMullin brings her new release Where the Angels Lived, a memoir based on research she did while a Fulbright professor in Hungary. Come hear this compelling story during Holocaust Remembrance Month, in May.
- Monday, May 6 @ 6:15PM, Margaret McMullin will teach a free memoir-writing seminar for any interested writers.
No upcoming events