Storytime every Saturday @10:30
Lorelei Books is pleased to host authors for book signings, readings and other events, often including prizes and snacks and all of which are free unless noted. If you can't make it to a book signing but would like a signed copy, we'll be happy to take your order over the telephone and mail the signed book to you. Look for more details here and on Facebook as events near:
- Thursday, March 28 @ 5:30PM, Larry Jorgensen offers a fresh look at a trusted friend in The Coca-Cola Trail, a journey for anyone interested in the history and growth of the world’s most recognized product.
- Tuesday, April 2 @ 5:30PM, Philip Shirley will celebrate the launch his newest novel, The Graceland Conspiracy, a crime thriller full of unexpected twists and colorful characters.
- Thursday, April 4 @ 5:30PM, T.O. Stallings gives us The Long Decade, a view of Louisiana Governor Huey P. Long, of the great flood of 1927, and of America during a time of gangsters and G-men. He tells the story of this flamboyant politician through the eyes of a fictional junior reporter who is sent to cover the gubernatorial campaign of a candidate most insiders thought could never win … a candidate unlike any Louisiana has ever seen.
- Tuesday, April 9 @ 1:15PM, the downtown book club will discuss Next Year in Havana. All are welcome to join in.
- Sunday, April 14 @ 5:30pm, Books and Brews meets at Cottonwood to discuss My Dog Skip, a classic tale of a boy, a dog and small-town Mississippi by author Willie Morris.
- Friday, April 26 @ 5:30, Nashville recording artist and author Robert Hunter will be at Cottonwood Public House with his Relapse and Revival book signing, followed by live music performance.
- Saturday, April 27 is Independent Bookstore Day! Look for fun activities to celebrate Vicksburg's support of its very own literary center.
- Monday, May 6 @ 5:30PM, Mississippi author Margaret McMullin brings her new release Where the Angels Lived, a memoir based on research she did while a Fulbright professor in Hungary. Come hear this compelling story during Holocaust Remembrance Month, in May.
- Monday, May 6 @ 6:15PM, Margaret McMullin will teach a free memoir-writing seminar for any interested writers.
No upcoming events